Open Meetings Law
"There was a misstatement concerning the contents of the notice in the previous version of the OMA handout. The contents should include the time, date and location of the meeting. This misstatement has been corrected."
Title 36 PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES.
Chapter 25A Alabama Open Meetings Act.
- Section 36-25A-1 Purpose; short title
- Section 36-25A-2 Definitions.
- Section 36-25A-3 Notice requirements.
- Section 36-25A-4 Maintenance of records.
- Section 36-25A-5 Rules of parliamentary procedure; voting.
- Section 36-25A-5.1 THIS SECTION WAS ASSIGNED BY THE CODE COMMISSIONER IN THE 2015 FIRST SPECIAL SESSION, EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 1, 2015. THIS IS NOT IN THE CURRENT CODE SUPPLEMENT.
- Section 36-25A-6 Recording of meeting.
- Section 36-25A-7 Executive sessions.
- Section 36-25A-8 Immunity from suit.
- Section 36-25A-9 Enforcement; hearings; penalties and remedies.
- Section 36-25A-10 Limitation period.
- Section 36-25A-11 Repealer and construction.