The League has expanded the Certified Municipal Official Training Program to include LIVE webinar training and ANYTIME training. For mayors and councilmembers, webinar training and successful completion of a test on material presented will meet credit hours in the Basic, Advanced or Emeritus programs. Need core curriculum hours? Watch for core curriculum training offered by webinars. You can ask questions live during the training or submit questions by email to our legal staff following a live or anytime training. Our in-person League events are valuable and we’ll always offer them, but online and anytime training will have a place too. We think you will find the addition of webinars a helpful resource to provide training for elected officials and municipal personnel. We hope to “see” you online soon!
How it works:
- Watch for the online training schedule through ALM’s website, E-newsletter, Alabama Municipal Journal and Blast Emails.
- Find the registration link in the information received or on the ALM website.
- Register for the training.
- Receive an email with the training link and a reminder email at the time of the training.
- On the day of training, click the link in the email to be connected.
- Following the webinar, receive a link to the recorded training session for future reference.
Questions? Contact Cindy Price
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018 - Public Works Bidding
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - License Schedule Ordinance
- Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - Conducting Public Hearings
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - Municipal Sales Tax in Alabama
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - Municipal Liability
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - Conflicting Offices and Interest
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - The Municipal Budget and Auditing Process
Need to access training that fits your schedule? ANYTIME training is here when you need it. Click HERE to hear and see the same training and Q&A session as the live event then take the test to complete for credit hours in the CMO Program.
2018 Fall Municipal Law Conference
October 18-20, 2018
Orange Beach Event Center at the Wharf, Orange Beach, AL
Book with our group rate for 2018 Fall Municipal Law Conference or call 1-251-943-6600 and use our group code: FMLR
CMO DVD Courses
The League has made several of its most popular CMO training courses available on DVD. These courses are a valuable resource for municipalities to provide training for municipal personnel who did not attend the live training. Mayors and councilmembers who did not attend the live training can order select DVDs and earn credit hours in the CMO Program. Note: Read description to see if the DVD selected offers credit hours. Successful completion of a test on material presented is required to earn credit hours.
|Certified Municipal Official DVD Courses||CMO Credit Hours||Price|
|2016 Orientation Conference for Elected Municipal
Officials and Municipal Personnel Read More...
|(No CMO Credit Available)|
|The Kirkwood, Missouri Experience Read More...||(No CMO Credit Available)|
|But We Didn't Do Anything Wrong! Read More...||(1.0 hour credit)
Basic, Advanced and Emeritus
|When Disaster Strikes: Preparing Your Information
Systems Infrastructure Read More...
|(0.5 hour credit)
Basic, Advanced and Emeritus
Professional Training Programs Available
The League has been informed that the following training opportunities are available for municipal officials and employees. Many of these seminars are sponsored by other organizations and you would need to contact them for information about the meeting and registration.
If the League is a sponsor, our telephone number is noted in the information below. Although these conferences are arranged for positions designated, many of them allow other individuals to attend. If you have a question on this, please contact the sponsoring agency.
If you have a conference you would like to add to this list, contact Carrie Banks with the information and include a contact person, address, telephone number and e-mail address if available.